At Oro House Drug and Alcohol Detox Centers in Los Angeles and Malibu, California, we use evidence-based medical protocols to comfortably manage withdrawal symptoms during detoxification.
We combine this with our compassionate care model and a thorough understanding of what our clients are experiencing during the entire detox process.
Many of us have been there before and we realize detoxing from alcohol or drugs can be one of the scariest parts of recovery. We strive to make everyone’s experience at Oro House as easy and comfortable as possible.
Detox is often the first step in the journey of substance addiction recovery, and it’s one of the most important steps.
Many treatment centers are not qualified to offer drug or alcohol detox services, so their clients must go to a separate facility to undergo detoxification first before starting residential recovery.
This can make recovery more complicated because it requires attending two different facilities.
Named Best Luxury Malibu Rehab by Newsweek
Ready To Start Your Recovery?
Call us at (888) 595-0235 or complete the form below
At Oro House, our comprehensive program is more efficient and effective because we provide both detox AND residential addiction treatment at our facilities.
We feel this ensures the entire process is as seamless and easy as possible for our clients and it improves the continuity of care each person receives.
Oro House has board certified addiction specialists and full-time registered nurses on staff at our detox facilities in Los Angeles and Malibu to oversee and supervise detoxification.
This is necessary because the detox process is not the same for all substances, and it’s important for our clients to know experienced professionals will care them for 24 hours a day.
Substance Detox Program at Oro House Recovery
The detox program at Oro House is designed to administer to each client’s level of intoxication, to provide a safe and supportive withdrawal from all drugs or alcohol, and to simplify each client’s transition to care and healing services.
Our stand alone 7-day drug detox program can be used as a single service by itself for many, but not all substances, although we usually recommend a longer treatment program at our residential facility after detox has been successfully completed.
It is our goal to make detox from drugs or alcohol as comfortable as possible in a private, safe, confidential, and friendly environment.
Our detox facility offers the following luxury amenities:
- Flat screen TVs
- Private rooms
- On-site chef
We offer alcohol and drug detox for the following substances:
- Opioids and Opiates (prescription pills, and others)
- Benzodiazepine Withdrawal
- Cocaine and Crack
- Crystal Meth
Feel free to contact us about detox for these substances or any other not mentioned.
There’s No Reason to Fear Detox From Drugs or Alcohol
Many people fear detox because the symptoms of withdrawal can be difficult and painful and this is one of the biggest reasons so many struggle to commit to seeking help for quitting drugs or alcohol.
For opioid or heroin users, overcoming painful withdrawal symptoms alone can be so challenging that many continue using just to keep from getting sick. The Oro House detox team has years of specialized experience and uses medication assisted treatment to minimize uncomfortable detox symptoms.
For other substances, like alcohol or benzodiazepines, detox and withdrawal can be extremely dangerous or even fatal if attempted without proper medical supervision. For this reason, our staff utilizes a rapid response communication system.
If a client requires a medication adjustment during detox, an electronic message is sent to the entire staff and medical team so that any concerns are immediately addressed and everyone on the team is notified.
At some detox facilities, patients might have to wait several hours or even days for a response from the medical team during detox. We consider that unacceptable and even inhumane, which is why we make detox a priority for our clients at Oro House.
Detox at Oro House
what makes us different
Oro House Recovery Centers is Joint Commission Accredited, which is the Gold Standard for client care and safety in the addiction industry.
We are certified to offer Incidental Medical Services (IMS), which is a supplemental service that provides medical oversight for our clients in the residential level of care.
We have full-time Registered Nurses on-site at our facilities, along with nursing on call 24/7 and our clients see their doctors and medical staff daily.
- Safe and Comfortable Detox is provided by a team of the most experienced addiction doctors. Our clients will experience as little discomfort as possible and most of the process is pain free. Our compassionate care doctors treat every client with the appropriate medication whenever it is necessary.
- 24 Hour Staff – Our clients will see a doctor within an hour of admitting to treatment in most cases. Nurses will monitor each client’s vital signs and administer appropriate medications if necessary, and they are available and accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Rapid Response Communication System – Electronic communications between all staff and the medical team regarding patient changes and updates happen immediately, and notifications are regularly sent to the entire team.
- Joint Commission Accredited – The Gold Seal of Approval is a symbol of quality that reflects Oro House’s commitment to providing safe and effective care, and is the highest form of accreditation that any addiction treatment center can receive.
- Incidental Medical Services (IMS) – These services address medical issues associated with detoxification or treatment for substance use disorders.
- Luxury Amenities – Most of our clients will detox in private quarters with access to flat screen TVs, and other amenities to keep them relaxed and comfortable, including chef prepared meals.
- Restful Environment – Clients rest, eat, and relax to ease any tension they might be experiencing as they begin the healing process.
Oro House also offers variable term residential treatment options for those currently struggling with addiction to drugs or alcohol.
Our transitional living environment allows clients who are currently employed or otherwise to continue with their daily life and routine while in a safe environment.
Our outpatient program offers PHP or IOP services and can be used following detoxification, while living at home.
If you’ve been putting off addiction treatment because of the fear and anxiety of withdrawal and detox, rest assured that our primary goal is to make detoxification as safe and comfortable as possible for all of our clients.