Non 12 Step Rehab Treatment
Oro House Recovery Centers offers a highly successful non 12 step rehab program in Malibu and Los Angeles, California for people who are looking for alternatives to the traditional 12-step model.
Seeking help for addiction or a substance use disorder is a great step in the right direction—and the roads to recovery are many.
While we have a deep respect for the 12-step recovery model—as it has helped countless people lead healthier substance-free lives—we also believe that it might not work for everyone, at least for initial treatment.
We feel that a comprehensive non 12 step program provides the tools necessary for recovery and a 12 step works well as a nice complement as an after-treatment approach.
Why You Should Consider a Non 12 Step Rehab Program
- Non 12 step rehab utilizes a wide range of evidence-based treatment therapies that have shown to be successful based on years of scientific research
- This type of program offers a full spectrum of treatment not include in 12 step programs such as detox, or inpatient and outpatient services
- It addresses the root cause of the addiction through one on one therpy in addition to group meetings
- The program is accommodating to people from many different belief systems
- Non 12 step rehab encourages patients to take responsibility for their recovery
- The program creates connections by promoting a support network of family, friends, and loved ones
- Non 12 step rehab programs believe that there’s more to addiction than simply the cravings or dependence
- If you refuse to believe that you’re powerless against addiction—and that the common 12-step phrase, “Once an addict, always an addict,” does not hold true – a non 12 step program might be a great fit for you
Oro House Path to Recovery
Our approach is based on uncovering and addressing the social or psychological factors that impact each of our clients. This is why we created an individualized treatment plan that focuses on empowering clients towards their path to sustainable recovery.
We believe that everyone can recover from a substance use disorder and achieve lasting recovery by:
- Identifying and addressing the emotional and physical aspects of addiction—including underlying mental health disorders or co-occurring disorders
- Practicing a client-centered approach that strengthens the individual’s confidence, self-respect, and determination for recovery
- Employing a compassionate care model that focuses on building connections to promote healing—courtesy of a non-judgmental, loving, and supportive environment
The Oro House journey to recovery starts with a medically-supervised and holistic detoxification process to eliminate the addictive substances from the body—before we address the underlying psychological issues.
The detox stage of the rehab program lasts anywhere from a few days to several weeks.
After detox, we employ a unique and holistic residential inpatient program that treats the mind, body, and spirit. The client-centered, community, and evidence-based model empowers our clients to become better versions of themselves.
Individualized Non 12 Step Rehab – Client-Centered Approach
Addiction is a multi-faceted condition and it impacts every person differently, which is why Oro House Recovery Centers creates a customized program for each our clients . We believe that the challenges and road to recovery are unique for each person. Our non 12 step addiction treatment program is tailored to address the individual challenges of each client.
This client-centered approach allows us to treat a wide variety of issues faced by different individuals—from professionals to young adults. The treatment program at Oro House Recovery Centers is just as effective for adults dealing with marriage and professional careers, as it is for young people transitioning into adulthood.
In line with our client-centered treatment program, we utilize SMART Recovery—which stands for “Self-Management and Recovery Training.” This is basically an approach that provides structured support and guidance throughout the recovery process. In particular, the SMART Recovery Approach helps clients:
- Build the motivation to make and stick to positive, self-directed changes in their lives
- Learn to avoid triggers and cope with addictive urges through self-empowerment
- Manage behaviors, feelings, and thoughts in a healthy way, free from the influence of addictive substances
- Live a healthy, positive, and balanced life
Our non-12-step rehab program fosters an environment that’s accepting to people from different belief systems and backgrounds. Our team of experienced clinical experts draws from several eclectic approaches of addiction treatment to provide continuous individualized care. We encourage positive growth that explores the present and future, rather than the past.
We recognize that separation, isolation, and shame sometimes characterize addiction. Our team at Oro House solves this problem by practicing the compassionate care model. We facilitate a loving and engaging community experience to help create a sense of connection, rather than attempt to control them. Genuine care and concern—not coercion or control—is the key to sustainable recovery and improved quality of life.
Our non 12 step rehab programs in California offer clients the necessary time they need to fully detox, learn effective coping skills, and practice sobriety while addressing the underlying mental health issues associated with addiction.